The High Speed PC Tech Station allows you to test, benchmark, and tweak your hardware without the hassle of constant installation and reinstallation in a traditional case, but without the safety hazard of just throwing your electrostatic sensitive equipment right on your countertop. Version 2.0 features a new secure motherboard standoff system, stiffer PCI-E/AGP/PCI support brace, cleaner cut edges, a neoprene top bench surface (non-slip/non-conductive)and an updated ATX Control Kit!
- A good home for your hardware: Based on ATX form factor motherboard specifications. It has a surface area of 14x9.5" which keeps the footprint small yet will support hardware for a complete computer system! The motherboard is perfectly secure in this version 2.0. A high friction rubberized standoff system supports the motherboard 1/4" off the bench surface (accomodates CPU cooler back plates and increases air circulation) and positions the motherboard perfectly on the Tech Station using two Nylon guide posts. AGP/PCI cards are securely locked in place with thumbscrews so the motherboard is safe yet available for hands-on work and is easily removed.
- Top shelf, load it up: The upper shelf is for stacking the drives and power supply. Include a neoprene mat to make the entire shelf a non-slip and non-conductive work surface! There is plenty of real estate here to hold optical, hard disk and floppy drives. The top shelf protects the motherboard below from any possible impact from above.
- Hard Drive Storage/Cooling Rail System: Two standard 3.5" hard drives can be easily inserted, protected and cooled via rails suspended under the top shelf. The far end of the HDD Rails open to catch air from the 120mm cooling fan assembly. Slide the HDD's in/out on smooth non-conductive acrylic rails.
- No loose AGP/PCI add-in cards! The AGP/PCI support brace solves the problem of loose motherboard add-in cards which can come lose and damage circuitry. It offers universal support for all add-in cards - blocking no cables or connections, and has some lateral flexibility to make adding/removing cards easy. Nylon thumb screws twist into the top of the brace and are positioned at ATX form factor spec locations so the AGP card and six PCI cards can be locked in place. The support brace can also be removed, flipped over and turned to support BTX form factor.
- Power the PC On/Off and monitor HDD activity: Plugging directly onto the motherboard, The ATX Control Kit takes the place of the computer case power and reset switches, power and hard disk drive activity lights, and system warning speaker so that PC hardware can operate totally independent of a standard computer case.
- Non-conductive materials: The Tech Station is made of non-electrically conductive, scratch-resistant, high grade polymers. Metal screws and brackets are not exposed in sensitive areas, the motherboard rests on protective rubber standoffs, and the test bench sits on non-slip thermoplastic rubber feet. No worries of frying your hardware like with a metal bench.
- Keep things cool: A 120mm 12v DC fan positioned on the left side so air is forced over heat sensitive components, and Hard Disk Drive(s) mounted under the top shelf.
- Lots of room to work: The height between shelves is 7” offering adequate room for hands to reach in and change components on the motherboard without having to remove the motherboard completely from the test bench. (Need it taller to fit in your oversized heatsink? Check out the Accessories section on HSPC’s site for longer vertical supports!)
NOTE: Computer hardware not included
- Two tier work bench (pre-assembled or build-your-own kit)
- AGP/PCI card brace with thumb screws
- HDD Rails for storage/cooling for two hard drives
- Secure rubberized motherboard standoff system
- 120mm fan and finger guard
- Neoprene mat for non-slip/non-conductive top bench surface
- Assembly & usage details
- ATX Control Kit:
- On/Off & Reset Switches
- Power & HDD LED's
- System Speaker
||Xoxide Zach says - HSPC’s Tech Stations are a great addition to any system builder’s toolbox! They provide a solid, stable platform to test nearly any PC component before installing them in a case, which can save tons of time and hassle. I keep mine outfitted with it’s very own power supply and optical drive, to make swapping boards super easy!