- Integrates INSTEON, UPB, and X10 power line technologies
- Supports IP addressed IR interfaces from GlobalCache and BitWise
- Supports whole-house wireless
- Can be used in a client-server mode with multiple simultaneous read-write clients for complete local and remote access to design
- Includes a web component for access remotely via mobile and desktop browsers
- Client for Android phones for remote or in-house access
Home Control Assistant (HCA) is a Windows based home automation program that works with a variety of automation interfaces to control lights, appliances, irrigation, HVAC and more. With HCA's Scheduling and Green Mode features you can easily save money, reduce electrical usage, conserve water and improve safety by automating your home.
The Home Control Assistant runs on any computer that uses the Windows XP, Vista or Win7 operating system. It works with automation interfaces to control lights and appliances in your home using X10, INSTEON, UPB, Wireless and Global Cache IR technology.
HCA can be installed in a home with existing automation hardware. HCA can "spider" through all your installed INSTEON network and find all the devices and add them to your home design file. If you are using UPB, HCA can import the network from the UPB setup program. A new automation solution is easy to create using the built-in Wizards for creating a new file, adding devices, creating new schedules, and new programs. Once you have defined all the hardware, adding schedules and programs is simple using the Visual Tools provided. Setting up remote access will be very quick as the HCA Web Server is included when you install HCA Plus.
The Home Control Assistant can be operated in stand-alone mode, where a single computer runs HCA and has the attached automation interfaces, or in Client-Server mode. In Client-Server mode one computer runs the HCA server and has the attached automation interfaces. One or more clients run on other networked computers and can simultaneously access the server. These clients see the standard HCA User Interface and can control the automation design as well as make changes to it. A Touch-Screen Interface is also available to create a user-friendly simple method of controlling a selected set of devices, programs, and groups in your design. In addition to all this, a native Android application is available to act as a client to the HCA Server.
- Multiple Schedules created by a visual scheduling tool
- Unlimited number of programs to respond to events. Constructed in a graphical manner from over 60 different actions
- Supports text based scripts in any scripting language that can utilize the extensive HCA object model
- Touch screen interface creates a simplified control oriented user interface
- Integrate into the HCA user Interface views of other applications: security, power management, and cameras using HTML views
- Send email and SMS messages as part of a program action
- Create and view INSTEON scenes in a graphical manner and remotely program those scenes into INSTEON devices
- Bridge power line technologies by using multiple power line interfaces simultaneously. Create bridge maps to automatically translate between different technology commands
- Integrates weather data from web based or weather station sources
- Powerful "whole house modes" for quick power saving programming
- Background design checker quickly locate design problems
- Configurable Alert Mechanism for handling exceptional conditions
- Many tools for creating, viewing, modifying, and documenting the design
- HCA is well documented in an over 600 page User Guide