Featured in Maximum PC 2005 Dream Machine!
So you think you're hardcore, huh? Now you can prove it with the Das Keyboard specially designed for Super ÜberGeeks. The Das Keyboard comes standard with absolutely no writing on ANY of the keys. The Das Keyboard is also made with individually weighted keys making certain keys easier or more difficult to push depending on the fingers used to push them.
If you are an elite programmer who can write sophisticated code under tight deadlines, someone who makes impossible projects possible, or a Silver Web Surfer your colleagues turn to when they need IT advice, this keyboard is for you.
Shouldn't your keyboard reflect your status as one of the elite? We think so!
Das Keyboard is an enhanced 104-key USB PC keyboard equipped with 100% blank keys mounted on precision and individually weighted key switches. Since there is no key to look at when typing, your brain will quickly adapt and memorize the key positions and you will find yourself typing a lot faster with more accuracy in no time. It is amazing how slow typers almost double their speed and quick typers become blazing fast!
Most keyboards use a standard 55 grams of force required to register every key, Das Keyboard has 5 different levels of force. The keys are divided into groups and their feedback springs are weighted differently; from 35 grams to 80 grams, which correspond to the strength of the finger that touches the keys. The result is more comfort for your hands.
Das Keyboard is compatible with all modern operating systems and has a Windows menu key that also works under Linux. Macintosh addicts will be happy to know this keyboard works well for them too.
Das Keyboard is built from premium key switch technology that rivals or surpasses the best available keyboard today. The keys are factory tested to withstand over 30 million keystrokes, providing the ultimate in comfort and durability. The keyboard also features three Windows application keys.
- PC Enclosure Reference Model
- Black color with matching black cable, Darth Vader approved
- Enhanced 104-Key Layout
- High-quality membrane switch technology
- Three Windows keys
- Keys withstand over 30 million keystrokes
- USB cable
- DOS, Windows 3.1 or higher. If you still use DOS or Windows 3.1, please send us a postcard screen shot
- Linux, or Mac OS X
- USB Keyboard Port
- FCC Class B
- CIA: approval failed: they were not able to read what people typed
- Operating Temperature: 0C to 60C
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 90%
- Operating Altitude: 0’ to +10,000’
- Operating Shock: 10 G
- Das Keyboard makes a quiet clicky and snazzy sound. It does not require the use of ear plugs.
- Life: 30 Million Keystrokes
- Total Travel: .150” +/- .010” @ 100g
- Travel to Peak: .050” +/- .010”
- Peak Force: 2.0oz +/- .4oz
- Fire Point: .110” nominal
- Reset Force: .5oz
- Front Row: 0.7 inches
- Back Edge: 1.89 inches
- Length: 18.4 inches
- Depth: 8.28 inches
- Input Power: +5VDC +/- 0.25V @ 100mA
- Phantom Key Lockout: Good for serious gamers who need to press multiple keys at the same time.
- Serial Data Output: USB