- Unlock electronic door strikes or electromagnetic locks via INSTEON
- Turn on INSTEON-controlled lights or appliances
- Compact and self-contained proximity reader is weatherproof for indoor or outdoor use
- Includes six proximity tags and can accommodate up to 25 users
- INSTEON compatibility for outstanding performance
Take full advantage of your INSTEON network by using the I/O Linc - INSTEON RF Proximity Reader Kit. Add access control to your property or trigger INSTEON scenes, or do both at the same time, via an a RF reader and key tag. The weatherproof RF proximity reader can be mounted near a door or entry area and will initiate an INSTEON signal when the appropriate RF ID key tag is presented. That signal can be used to unlock doors or to activate a scene using linked INSTEON devices such as Dimmers and Switches, Wire-in/Outlet Modules and/or Plug-in Modules. The Proximity Access Control System includes six RF ID key tags with interchangeable color inserts for identification purposes; there are one trillion possible code combinations for added security against duplication. The proximity reader can accommodate up to 25 users, additional key tags are sold separately.
How it Works
Mount the proximity reader in an appropriate location and using the 20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire, connect the reader to the relay board and connect the relay board to the I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface (1 In / 1 Out). Next, power the relay board using the power supply and plug in the I/O Linc. Once installed as an access control system, users can simply hold a key tag up to the reader and upon authentication, send an INSTEON command from the I/O Linc to unlock almost any hardwired 12V DC door lock (under 500mA), such as an electronic door strike or an electromagnetic lock (locks sold separately). In the same fashion that it unlocks a door, the reader can be used to trigger a lighting scene or have other INSTEON controlled devices respond.
- I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface (1 In / 1 Out)
- Proximity Access Control System
- 12VDC 500mA Regulated Power Supply
- High Sensitivity DPDT Relay Board
- 20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire, White
- 1.5mm flathead screwdriver
- Quick-Start Guide
| Manufacturer Product No.
|| 24950A9 - I/O Linc - INSTEON Proximity Card Reader
||I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface (1 In / 1 Out)
Proximity Access Control System
12VDC 500mA Regulated Power Supply
High Sensitivity DPDT Relay Board
20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire, White