Logitech has taken the award-winning Z-680 5.1 speaker system and made it even better. How? By improving everything from the subwoofer to the satellites and adding new innovations like real-time digital sound equalization.
The result is the Logitech Z-5500 Digital, a THX-certified, 500-watt 5.1 surround sound speaker system that offers everything you could possibly want… and some things you didn't even know you needed. And once you plug in your PC, DVD or music player, or video game console, you'll never want to listen to anything else.
Dolby Digital is the universal standard for 5.1 digital sound. DVDs, PlayStation2, Xbox, digital cable, satellite TV, and HDTV all use Dolby Digital. The Z-5500 Digital includes a hardware Dolby Digital decoder for full, rich 5.1 sound.
THX certification is the "seal of approval" for speaker quality. It is an absolute assurance that these speakers accurately recreate the full sonic experience of a movie theater. The Z-5500 Digital is one of a select few speaker systems that meets the rigid standards for unparalleled THX-quality sound.
DTS Digital Surround delivers 5.1 digital sound that rivals master soundtracks. DTS soundtracks are included in many DVD videos, DVD Audio discs, and PlayStation2 games. The Z-5500 Digital includes a hardware DTS decoder for master-quality sound. The Z-5500 Digital also includes support for DTS 96/24, an enhanced, higher-resolution, studio-quality format available on many DVD video and DVD Audio discs.Features:
- Powerful, distortion-free bass: The new, larger 10-inch long-throw subwoofer driver with flared bass port delivers 188 watts of thunderous bass
- Innovative driver technology: Polished aluminum phase-plug satellites combine two drivers into one--the clarity of a tweeter with the richness and fullness of a separate mid-range
- Digital equalization: The Z-5500 Digital actively adjusts frequency response in real time for the cleanest, most accurate sound reproduction
- DTS 96/24 support: Enjoy studio-quality sound thanks to the Z-5500's support for 96 kHz / 24-bit digital audio streams
- Amazingly powerful controls: The Digital SoundTouch Control Center lets you control volume to all speakers, set inputs, and much more. And the separate wireless remote is great for home theaters and video game consoles
- Innovative satellite design: Cloth grilles are removable for a pro-audio look. Pedestals rotate for easy wall mounting or desk placement. Center channel can be mounted on wall, above or below monitor.
- Connect to multiple sources: Simultaneously connect 6 audio sources including PCs, video game consoles, and DVD, CD & portable music players… and control it all from the Digital SoundTouch Control Center.
- Total FTC Power: 505 watts RMS
- Sub-Woofer: 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)
- Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
- Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
- Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
- Total Peak Power: 1010 watts
- Maximum SPL: >115 dB
- Frequency Response: 33 Hz - 20 kHz
- Amplifier: Ultra-Linear, High-Capacity Analog
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >93.5 dB, Typical 100
- Input Impedance: 8,000 ohms
- Satellites: 3" Polished Aluminum Phase Plug Drivers
- Subwoofer: 10" High-Excursion Ported Driver with 6th Order Bass Reflex Enclosure
- Surround Sound Effects:
- Hardware Decoding for Dolby Digital, DTS, and DTS, 96/24 Soundtracks
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music Modes)
- 6 Channel Direct
- Stereo x2
- Supported Digital Formats:
- Dolby Digital
- DTS and DTS 96/24
- PCM (Uncompressed Stereo): 44.1 kHz / 16 bit Through 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Source Inputs:
- Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation2, Xbox
- Digital coaxial for DVD or CD players or PC sound cards (Requires Coaxial Cable, Sold Separately)
- 6 Channel Direct (3 Stereo-Mini Connectors) for 2, 4, or 6 Channel PC Sound Cards
6 Channel Direct (3 Stereo-Mini Connectors) for 3 Stereo Analog Mini Audio Sources, Like
- CD and DVD Players, PlayStation2, Xbox, or 2 Channel PC Sound Cards (Some Devices May Require Stereo Mini to Dual RCA Adapter, Sold Separately)
- Analog Stereo-Mini for Portable CD, MP3,or MiniDisc Players