DIY with these pre-cut high quality all cast acrylic (plexiglass) sheets. The Mod/Smart Cast GLS Modders Acrylic is a large 16" x 16" sheet for any DIY project or mod.
Why Cast Acrylic is better:
- Cast acrylic is easier to fabricate and will not melt when cutting or fabricating.
- Polishes to a crystal clear clarity for all types of projects.
- Cast acrylic is 10 times stronger than glass and half the weight!
- Light Transmission:Cast acrylic has a luminous transmittance of 92%. It is clearer than glass and will not yellow under normal exposure.
- Weather Resistance: Cast acrylic will withstand exposure to blazing sun, extreme cold, sudden temperature changes, salt water spray, etc.
- Lightweight: Cast acrylic is light, having only half the weight of glass and 43% the weight of aluminum.
- Rigidity: Cast acrylic does not have the rigidity of glass or metals. However, it is more rigid than many other transparent plastic such as acetates, , polycarbonate, and polyester.
- Paper Masking: All of our sheets are protected by a paper masking. Paper masking is always superior to a film masking. It allows you to cut, sand and move the sheet without getting the sheet scratched. The paper masking stays in place until your project is done.