- Provides wireless remote control for INSTEON controlled lighting and appliances
- Elegant design and super-easy setup
- Raise and lower lighting levels or recall a favorite lighting level for up to four lights or scenes - wirelessly!
- Use as a portable handheld remote or mount it on the wall for use as a keypad
- Battery operated - requires no external power or communication wiring and it's rechargeable
- 50 ft range to nearest dual-band device or Access Point
- INSTEON technology offers reliable communication
The RemoteLinc 2 Keypad is an easy-to-use wireless remote that allows you to control INSTEON dimmers, switches and plug-in or receptacle dimmers. Now you can raise and lower light levels for multiple lights from anywhere in your house. RemoteLinc 2 is wireless, making it incredibly versatile. Use it as a lightweight handheld remote; make it a tabletop control for your nightstand, counter or coffee table by attaching it to a tabletop stand (sold separately); turn on your house lights from the car by attaching it to a visor clip (sold separately); or mount it to the wall to create a wireless keypad in the perfect location - without having to rewire (wall mount bracket and wallplate sold separately). The RemoteLinc 2 is ultra-easy to install and operate, giving you the most flexibility for a truly smart home with INSTEON.
RemoteLinc 2 is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery. Based on average usage, expected battery life between a charge is 9-12 months. Recharge using any standard USB Type A to Micro-B cable (sold separately).
RemoteLinc 2 can directly control the following RF-compatible devices:
- INSTEON LED Bulb (Dual-Band)
- SwitchLinc 2-Wire (RF)
- SwitchLinc (Dual-Band)
- LampLinc (Dual-Band)
- OutletLinc Dimmer (Dual-Band)
- KeypadLinc (Dual-Band)
- INSTEON-compatible Venstar thermostats
- 220V / 240V 30 Amp Load Controllers (Dual-Band)
To control devices that are not RF-compatible, you'll need at least one dual-band device to convert the RF signal from the remote into power line signals.
Also available in an 8-scene version for more control. Don't need that many buttons? Try the RemoteLinc 2 Switch.
- USB Charging Cable is required to charge RemoteLinc 2. With the cable you can charge RemoteLinc 2 by plugging the cable into a computer USB port or into a USB power adapter.
- If the INSTEON device you intend to control does not receive RF signals (i.e., power line only), you will need at least one dual-band INSTEON device to convert the RF signals to power line signals.
How it Works
- RemoteLinc 2 - INSTEON Wireless Keypad, 4 Scene
- Rechargeable battery (pre-installed, non-replaceable)
- Quick-start guide
Tapping the right hand (ON) key turns your light (or scene) on and tapping the left hand (OFF) key turns your light (or scene) off; press and hold the ON button to brighten every light in the scene or press and hold the OFF button to dim every light in the scene. The LED status indicator blinks green for ON commands and red for OFF commands. The LED indicator will also let you know if a device did not acknowledge the command.
Additional programming options allow RemoteLinc 2 to function as an 8-scene controller, making the right hand key control one scene and the left hand key control another. This can be set to alternate between ON and OFF for each press (toggle) or only send ON (non-toggle).
Using compatible software such as HouseLinc, you can quickly setup scenes and configure button behavior, all from your computer.
- Power switch for disabling buttons ("vacation" or "pocket" mode)
- Stuck Button Mode - saves battery life by going to sleep if button stuck down
- Beeper for setup ease
- Compatible with most decorator wallplates (Wall Mount Bracket required)
- Built-in battery charge LED indicator
|Manufacturer Product No
|| 50' (line of sight)
|| 915 MHz
|| 1 year, limited
| Patent No
|| U.S. Patent No. 7,345,998, International patents pending
| LED Type
||Two-color: Green and Red
|LED During Use
|| Green Flash Once
| Red Flash once
|Red Blink for ~3 Seconds
|| Scene Acknowledge Missing
|| Non-volatile EEPROM
| INSTEON Features
|| 4 (default), configurable to 8
|| 4 On/Off (default), 8 Toggle or 8 Always On
| Scene Commands Supported
|| Begin Dimming
|| Fast Off
| Software Configurable
|| Indoors, 32°F to 104°F, up to 85% relative humidity
|| 2.6" H x 1.3" W x .39" D
|| 0.05 lbs
|| 3.7 VDC Lithium Polymer, Rechargeable, non-replaceable
| Battery Charge Hold Duration
|| 9-12 months based on average 16 button presses per day (will decrease over time)
|Battery Recharging Cycles
| Recharging Jack
|| Standard, Micro-USB, 5VDC
|| 1 hour
|| FCC and IC Certified
| X10 Support