This "Special Edition" of the Swiftech Apogee GTZ Water Block features a chrome plated brass housing that offers a truly stunning appearance. This particular version of the Apogee™ GTZ SE is factory assembled with a socket 1366 hold-down plate, allowing immediate compatibility with Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
Making gigantic steps forwards from both the GT and the GTX, the Swiftech Apogee GTZ Core i7 Water Block offers a bold new design that pushes the very limits of the technical and mechanical specifications that can be incorporated into a water block. To start, there's the performance. The impressive thermal design of the Apogee cooling engine combines the benefits of direct coolant impingement over the CPU area with a brand new copper base plate design featuring a pin matrix composed of 225 µm (0.009") micro structures.
The mechanical design of the copper base plate features a patent pending design characterized by a topographically mapped CPU contact area. This design results in a 75% - 300% improvement in TIM joint thermal resistance compared to other models in the Apogee™ GT/GTX series. In addition, other types of sockets (such as AMD socket F, AM2, and 940) as well as sockets similar to that of socket 775 design may also benefit from the enhanced contact area.
An enhanced tool free retention system - which includes thumb-nuts paired with a universal socket 1366 motherboard back-plate - guarantees high quality mounts that are both safe and repeatable. This complies with socket 1366 keep-out specifications, and guarantees compatibility with all 1366 motherboards of this type. In addition, the Apogee GTZ ships pre-installed with chrome plated high flow 1/4" BSPP x 1/2" barbs, and also includes a pair of 3/8" barb fittings.Features:
- Limited Edition Chrome-Plated Brass Housing
- Assembled w/ Socket 1366 Hold-Down Plate (for Intel® Core™ i7 Processors)
- C110 Copper Base is lapped, passivated, & features 225 µm (0.009") Micro Pin Matrix (providing the lowest ever thermal resistance)
- Rich Mirror Finish on Base Plate
- Cold Plate Surface is topographically mapped (providing optimized TIM joint w/ Socket 775 & 771 Processors)
- CNC Housing machined out of durable Delrin material
- Designed for impingement cooling over the CPU hottest area
- Pre-Installed w/ Chrome High Flow 1/4" x 1/2" Barbs & (2) 3/8" Barb Fittings
- Block Dimensions:
- 50 x 50 x 7.2 mm (2.0 x 2.0 x 0.3 in) - w/o barbs or mounting brackets
- Height with Barbs: 37.2 mm (1.5 inches)
- Port Threading: Standard G 1/4"
- Barb Size: Chrome Plated 1/2" & 3/8" Barbs Provided
- Net Weight: 239 g
- Top Material: CNC machine Delrin
Base Material: CNC machined C110 copper
Base Finish: Mirror Finish (lapped and passivated)