The Swiftech Apogee GTZ Water Block has been DISCONTINUED....Please see our other water blocks for an updated selection.
Ready for the final, epically climatic stage of water cooling?
Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to introduce you to the Apogee GTZ, Swiftech's new flagship waterblock. Making gigantic steps forwards from both the GT and the GTX, the Swiftech Apogee GTZ offers a bold new design that pushes the very limits of the technical and mechanical specifications that can be incorporated into a water block.
To start, there's the performance. The impressive thermal design of the Apogee cooling engine combines the benefits of direct coolant impingement over the CPU area with a brand new copper base plate design featuring a pin matrix composed of 225 µm (0.009") micro structures.
The mechanical design of the copper base plate is optimized for Intel® socket LGA 775 and 771, and features a patent pending design characterized by a topographically mapped CPU contact area. This design results in a 75% - 300% improvement in TIM joint thermal resistance compared to other models in the Apogee™ GT/GTX series. In addition, other types of sockets (such as AMD socket F, AM2, and 940) as well as sockets similar to that of socket 775 design may also benefit from the enhanced contact area.
An enhanced tool free retention system - which includes thumb-nuts paired with a universal socket 775 motherboard back-plate - guarantees high quality mounts that are both safe and repeatable. This complies with socket 775 keep-out specifications, and guarantees compatibility with all 775 motherboards of this type. In addition, the Apogee GTZ ships pre-installed with chrome plated high flow 1/4" BSPP x 1/2" barbs, and also includes a pair of 3/8" barb fittings.Features:
- C110 Copper Base is lapped, passivated, & features 225 µm (0.009") Micro Pin Matrix (providing the lowest ever thermal resistance)
- Rich Mirror Finish on Base Plate
- Cold Plate Surface is topographically mapped (providing optimized TIM joint w/ Socket 775 & 771 Processors)
- CNC Housing machined out of durable Delrin material
- Designed for impingement cooling over the CPU hottest area
- Pre-Installed w/ Chrome High Flow 1/4" x 1/2" Barbs & (2) 3/8" Barb Fittings
- Block Dimensions:
- 50 x 50 x 7.2 mm (2.0 x 2.0 x 0.3 in) - w/o barbs or mounting brackets
- Height with Barbs: 37.2 mm (1.5 inches)
- Port Threading: Standard G 1/4"
- Barb Size: Chrome Plated 1/2" & 3/8" Barbs Provided
- Net Weight: 239 g
- Top Material: CNC machine Delrin
Base Material: CNC machined C110 copper
Base Finish: Mirror Finish (lapped and passivated)