The Komodo™ HD6900 is a true full cover waterblock for AMD® Radeon™ HD 6970 and HD 6950 2Gb reference boards (*). The coolant flow path includes all critical components including GPU, memory and power mosfets.
The product is available in two versions compatible with both PCB revisions of the Radeon HD 6970 under the following part numbers:
- Komodo HD6900 (compatible with AMD's initial PCB release)
- Komodo HD6900-2 (compatible with AMD's new PCB release)
- True full cover waterblock: the block covers the full length of the card and utilizes all the original circuit board mounting points; this results in superior thermal interface with all the components, but more importantly prevents bending and/or damage to the card compared to competing solutions that leave critical components exposed for cost saving purposes; this exclusive Swiftech initiative is an industry first.
- Superior thermal performance at the GPU level thanks to our embedded 0.6x0.6mm thin-pin matrix located directly above the GPU area;
- Moderate flow restriction by design to take into account multiple water-blocks in the same loop;
- Chrome plated copper base plate, as opposed to commonly used nickel plating (which is yellowish);
- Precision machined durable black acetal housing;
- High thermal conductivity grease pads already pre-applied in the memory areas;
- Power mosfets are in direct contact with the cold plate for vastly superior heat transfer (non conductive Arctic Céramique thermal compound included).
- Exclusive adjustable standoff and removable VRM cold plate assure compatibility with all Radeon 6970 and 6950 2Gb reference models.
- Compatible with the stock Radeon back-plate when present.
Dimensions: (L) 9.7" - 246mm x (W) 4.9" - 126mm x (H) 0.75" - 19mm
Weight 36 oz - 1020 g
- Housing: Precision machined black acetal copolymer
- CPU & memory cold plate: Precision machined & chrome plated C110 copper, with 0.6x0.6mm embedded pin matrix over the GPU area
- Power Mosfets cold plate: Precision machined & chrome plated C110 copper
- Leak tested @ 30 PSI
- Safe standoff retention mechanism
- Inlet & Outlet port thread standard: 1/4" BSPP (G1/4)
- Thermal joints installation:
- GPU: thermal grease (Arctic Céramique included)
- Memory: pre-installed thermal pads
- Power mosfets: thermal grease (Arctic Céramique included)