Another fantastic product from Thermalright, utilizing the High Riser series, proprietary through holes, and the comfort of silence, the new HR-03 VGA cooler is as functional as it is good looking.
The HR-03 works with 4 heat pipes in the forms of 2 U-pipes and 2 N-pipes (another innovative concept from Thermalright) for a well and evenly spread out distribution of heat, and just as their other High Riser heatsinks, the HR-03 can work effectively, with or without a fan. It all depends on your preference level for noise and performance.
For those hardcore overclockers who don’t mind a little noise (more or less) and just want pure performance, you can strap on any 90mm fan of your choice and just go nuts! Crank it up! Turn up the juice! The HR-03 will cool the newest and hottest GPU processors from ATI and nVIDIA. In Thermalright's own test lab, they ran the HR-03 passively without a fan on an nVIDIA 7950GT against the stock cooler and it performed shoulder to shoulder with stock cooling.
So what happened when they put on a 90mm fan? The results were mind boggling…improvement was as much as a staggering 20 Celsius degrees! But for those who just want some peace and quiet running the HR-03 without a fan, you will need a well ventilated system and need to place the HR-03 close to the CPU fan or the rear exhaust fan.
One of the many advantages of the HR-03 GTX is its installation procedure, because now it is easier than ever with fewer parts causing less of a headache, while installing in much less time than the average GPU cooler.
The HR-03 can be installed in two ways in accommodation to your video card configuration and system setup, thus expanding the range of video card compatibility. Another advantage lies in the heatsink base. Since it is double sided, you can install the HR-03 either over the card or around/under the card, perfect for those who have a SLI or CrossFire configuration setup.
Thermalright’s HR-03 not only performs great, especially on high end graphics cards, but it looks good while doing it. Sleek yet aggressive design is sure to grab everyone's attention!Features:
- Designed to work fan-less or with a 92mm fan at low RPM for higher performance
- Proprietary through holes on fins for efficient ventilation and proficient cooling
- Four innovative designed hear pipes for thorough heat distribution across multiple fins
- Two ways of mounting the cooler on video card for best space and configuration management
- Light weight and easy no-tool installation
- Vast compatibility with system cases
- SLI/CrossFire friendly for those serious gaming enthusiasts
- Cosmetically contoured design for that vanity look
- Compatibility: nVidia GTX260 & GTX280
- Weight: 410g
- Dimensions: 133 x 156 x 38mm (L x W x H)