When it comes to cooling down your system, there's no doubt that this Thermalright HR-05 IFX Chipset Cooler is a blazingly hot deal. Now why did we make such a lame pun?
Simple. IFX stands for "Infernal Fire eXtinguisher", and even features flame-shaped aluminum fins, so there's simply no way we could resist the temptation. This "Wild Fire" design brings an increased surface area for dissipation from any 80mm fan, and even includes fin holes for enhanced ventilation, as well as fan wire clips for easy installation.
Expanding on it's original design, the Thermalright HR-05 IFX Chipset Cooler offers an improved method of retention mechanism, allowing a sturdier, firmer mount with increased motherboard compatibility. Dressed in silver, the copper base and the heatpipe are covered with a thin plating of nickel to prevent corrosion and make for more effective contact.
Add a light-weight design in the mix (in addition to a user's guide that makes it all easy to install), and you've got yourself a truly ideal chipset cooler.Features:
- Wild Fire Design
- Increased Surface Area (for dissipation from any 80mm fan)
- Includes Fan Wire Clips
- Improved Retention Mechanism (offering enhanced motherboard compatibility).
- Efficient Ventilation (proprietary through holes on fins)
- Soldered Fins to Copper Base (Nickel-Plated)
- Lightweight & Easy to Install
- Dimension: 85.8 x 20 (Fin), 30 x 30mm (Copper Base)
- Height: 62.5 (includes body) x Width: 105mm
- Weight: 110g (Heatsink only)
- Recommended Fan: 80 x 80 x 15mm / 80 x 80 x 25mm
- Intel Pentium 4: LGA 775 Platform
- ATI: Radeon Express 200
- Intel: P35, 975X, 965P, 955X, 945G, 945P, 945PL, 925X, 925XE, 915G, 915P, 865PE, 848P
- nVidia: nForce4 SLI, 680i, 590
- SiS: SiS 656, SiS 661FX / 964
- VIA: P4M800, PT880 Ultra