The Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Cooler has been DISCONTINUED....Please see our other CPU Coolers for an updated selection.
The Ultra-120 eXtreme edition is Thermalright’s response to AMD and Intel’s release of the new quad core CPUs! The Ultra-120 eXtreme inherits all the advantages of its predecessor and at the same time increases its ability to absorb heat faster by having 6 heatpipes. It doesn't matter if you are using a single core, dual core, or quad core processor, there is nothing our Ultra-120 eXtreme cannot handle.
In addition, Thermalright took care of the concerns expressed by users in regards to the original Ultra-120’s backplate. For the eXtreme version, Thermalright added a non-conductive plastic padding to shield all electrical contact in preventing a short circuitry. No matter what motherboard you are using, it is sure to be safe with the Ultra-120 eXtreme.
So you think your current heatsink cooler has reached its limit? Thinking about switching to water cooling? Before you do anything, test out an Ultra-120 eXtreme, you won’t be sorry!Features:
- Quiet and powerful cooling due to multiple heat pipes and large aluminum fin area
- Proprietary bent winglet design to minimize airflow resistance
- Heatpipes soldered to a nickel plated base and fins for optimum heat transfer
- Includes bolt-through-board retention brackets for both Intel and AMD
NOTE: The Ultra-120 eXtreme does not include a backplate for AM2 systems. If you have a motherboard manufactured by either Asrock or Gigabyte that utilizes the push pin method, you will need to purchase an AM2 metal backplate.
- Socket AM2 / 940 / 939 / 753 (Retention Kit Sold Separately)
- Socket LGA 775
- Socket LGA 1366 (Bolt-Thru Kit Sold Separately)
- Weight: 790g
- Dimensions: 63.44 x 132 x 160.5mm (L x W x H)